Chubb’s recent research found that only 28% of advisors address their clients’ P&C insurance needs, even though 77% of successful individuals want their advisors to provide that support and nearly 40% would consider switching to an advisor who provided it.
Why would property and casualty exposures relate to comprehensive wealth management and estate planning? What good are estate protecting trusts and LLCs, perfect asset allocation, correctly structured life insurance and even a plan for “asset protection”, if an uncovered property or liability claim can wipe out several million dollars of assets under management? As clients gain wealth, their risks become more complex and they could easily outgrow their coverage or the sophistication of their broker.
Having Chubb, AIG, PURE or another top insurance company is the start of their protection, but it is not enough for the highly successful family. Custom designed programs are needed to protect the complex needs that success and wealth bring.
What We Do
We provide Fee-Only Personal Property and Casualty Risk Management for clients of family offices, CPAs, trust and estate lawyers and wealth managers. We do not sell insurance.
Regular analysis of exposures and policies ensure insurance portfolios are adjusted to ever-changing needs. Improperly structured policies expose assets under management to paying for unprotected or under-protected liability or property claims. Our process provides independent analysis that makes sure coverage meets the needs of the client, not the insurance company.
The best protected client is an educated client.
- First we analyze exposures and policies through research and interview with the client and/or their advisors or managers
- Next we identify and assess risk to develop mitigation strategies to minimize personal exposures
- Then we provide guidance (in plain English) so the client understands the exposures and coverage to allow them to make an educated financial decision
- Finally we work with you and your broker to request quotes, review options and implement changes
Why a Lifestyle and Risk Analysis is critical
- Clients think, “I have Chubb, AIG, PURE; I have the best coverage available.” A standard policy from any of these companies generally will not properly protect a sophisticated client’s needs.
- Client’s needs and availability of coverage change over time. Without a regular, comprehensive analysis, coverage gaps develop.
- Since most clients have never had such a review, it proves your firm embraces a comprehensive concern for their financial well-being.
Results from a Lifestyle and Risk Analysis
- Saved a client $7,000 on a $17,000 premium by increasing the deductible to $10,000. Client’s net worth exceeded $100 million.
- Discovered claims would not be paid on a policy, as the Trust was not named on a $10 million Florida home.
- Saved a client $90,000 by recommending increased Mold coverage. Client chose to increase coverage from $10,000 to $100,000. Two years later the insurance company looked at a new mold claim for the home and wrote a check for $100,000.
- Uncovered inadequate coverage during a $5 million renovation/addition to a $15 million home. The client did not have coverage and the builder’s coverage was inadequate for the project.
- Revealed inadequate excess liability limits. Client with a net worth of $46 million and an annual income of $5 million had a $1 million excess liability policy.
What we bring to the table
- Peace of mind.
- True independent advice with no sales agenda (you keep your broker)
- Extensive knowledge of property and casualty insurance over thirty years.
- Demonstrated success in face-to-face meetings with highly successful families, multi-family offices, and their advisors, providing analysis over the last twenty years.
- Broad knowledge of policies from Chubb, AIG, PURE, Cincinnati, Nationwide Private Client, Lloyds, wind, earthquake, flood, specialty insurance companies and others.
- Commitment and passion to analyze, advise and protect the client.
Click Here https://calendly.com/brianboak to set up a 15 minute phone meeting to start a conversation on Risk Management of Personal Property and Casualty
Brian P. Boak, Private Client Risk Manager, P&C; AEP®, CPRIA, CLU®, LUTCF