- Saved a client $10,000 on a $17,000 premium by increasing the deductible to $10,000. Client’s net worth exceeded $100 million.
- Discovered claims would not be paid on a policy, as the LLC was not named on a $10 million Florida home.
- Saved a client $90,000 by recommending an increase in Mold coverage. Client chose to increase coverage from $10,000 to $100,000. Two years later the insurance company looked at a new claim for the home and wrote a check for $100,000.
- Uncovered inadequate coverage during a $5 million renovation/addition to a $15 million home. The client did not have coverage and the builder’s coverage was inadequate for the job.
- Revealed inadequate excess liability limits. Client with a $46 million net worth and a $5 million annual income had a $1 million excess liability policy.
Brian P. Boak, CPRIA, CLU, LUTCF
Fee-Only Insurance Fiduciary, P&C